Friday, April 04, 2008

178. First Mate, First Karma

So last night I was watching the boys in the living room. The Juggernaut (4 months) was lying on the couch enjoying his Juggernaut-ness, and the First Mate (20 months) was playing with his toys and books below me on the floor. I was dozing off to a The Office marathon on NBC--all was well.

Until in my ether-like slumber I heard the faint sound of a spanking coming on. Sure enough, when I opened my eyes, I beheld that the First Mate had climbed onto the couch and was standing over the Juggernaut, straddling him and jumping up and down, letting his butt rest not-so-gently on the Juggernaut's chest. I mean, I've seen him do it with a teddy bear, but not his brother, and not in front of me.

The Juggernaut was a stalwart little fella, not so much because he's tough, but because he's keeping a mental list of offenses and is plotting his revenge. The First Mate wasn't too happy when he found he'd been caught. Mainly because I wasn't happy.

Then, in a colossal twist of karmic force, last night at approximately 1:35.06 MDT I heard a thud from the ceiling followed by a baleful cry. I ran upstairs as quickly as my drowsed state allowed for to find the First Mate on the floor crying. He fell out of bed. He's been in a real bed for 3 months now, but did not fall out until the day he was jumping on his brother.

Karma, how I've longed for thy subtle touch.

3 comments:

MG said...

Has the Juggernaut had his dip/tet? It's only a matter of time before the First Mate finds a stapler or decides to play pin the tail on the Juggernaut. I've seen it a hundred times...

MG said...

As a side note, I just noticed the title of this post, and was reminded of the other day when Dave won first corn. None of the rest of us stood a chance.

MG said...

Oh, and I also got the "Karma Chameleon Joke".